- An automatic pool cleaner will dramatically reduce the time spent on weekly maintenance.
- If you fill your pool with well water, you’ll need to add a metal remover.
- When cleaning cartridge filters, soak them in a cleaning solution for 24 hours, then hose them off before reinstalling.
- D.E. filters should be disassembled and cleaned at least once per season.
- If your sand filter is 3-5 years old, ask your pool professional if it’s time to replace the sand.
- If your filter pressure gauge indicates that pressure has dropped below the normal reading for a clean filter, check to see if you have a clogged pump or skimmer basket.
- Clean your sand or D.E. filters when you close your pool for the season.
- To obtain maximum filtration and energy efficiency, backwash or clean your filter regularly, as required.